Feedburner

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Help My Son Get Home

Please check this link out.  Nate is in dire straights and needs to get back home to get back on his feet.   Wife is ill and he just lost his job, today.  Please consider donating.  Thanks!

         $5,000 goal
    1


Hi there. My name is Nate and my goal is to basically get my life back on track and take care of myself and my wife. 
I use to be in the Navy as a Sonar operator on a Submarine. Honorable Discharge a few years ago, and from there I worked as a contractor in an IT Dep. I ended up getting injured on the job and was "In Breach of Contract" due to having to miss days. They fired me, and gave me an $800 workers comp check. 
Now on top of that, I was still injured, my bank tells me since I am enrolled in account protection plan for my auto loan , (if I ever lost my job ect) they can take up payments till I am back on my feet.  This worked out well for about 4 months (I was still injured for a while after I lost that previous job) I finally am able to get another job, not nearly as good, but the kicker is about the same time, the same bank that encouraged me to not make payments tells me "It was an overlook on our end, since your job was contracted job (for well over a year , but still contract job) it made my payment protection plan invalid and I wasn't able to use it. So at this point I'm 4 months behind on my car and they are calling me everyday.
At this point we are in Connecticut and I get a great job offer in Michigan. Talking it over we decide that is the bast course of action to take and we move out here.  Now my wife is a type 1 diabetic (since the age of 15) and she had plenty of supplies, until we find out we "Make too much for state insurance", but still can't afford the OBAMACARE health plan. They plan they lied about tellin us it would cover all her diabetic supplies(insulin, ect) just the same as our old state policy did (Back in CT).  It did not cover any of that. We've been stuck paying $300 for a month supply of 1 type of insulin for her. 
So back to the car, the bank decides the half payment I give them wasn't good enough and I wake up one sunday morning with no car, and even though I express to them why this happened and they are the ones who told me to stop making payments for my "Protection plan to be used, " they do not care. I managed to get my things out of the car, luckily my boss was able to rent me a car.
Already not thinking clearly because of inurance issues with medical and now this car and at first thinking I won't have a job because of that bank, long story short here , I go in to a panic in search for a replacement car to continue with my life.  Unfotunately there are alot of people that prey on people in need, such as the car dealer I dealt with.  Over paid, I've had to make replacements on parts every month and still have a almost $300 car payment.  The dealer lies and tells me in order to trade it in I have to make a first payment , then to just come back in.  I do that and his story changes to, Well we need another $500 down. (not how he explained in detail how it would work before).  Now as of this past friday, my car was hit on the way to work. It still drives but the front bumper is missing and I can't drive it at night as (its missing a headlight) and the other one must have got disconnected.Needs a really bad alignment now. Just another expense and just as that any kind of car insurance went out the window when medical costs went through the roof. I know my priorities and thats my Wife's safety and longevity of life.  
My goal now is to get back to my home state where I have more of my own resources and I can actually take care of my wife and myself.  I have tried just about everything I can think of, but with such high medical costs for no reason except for obamacare and thresholds being wrong for insurance, It's impossible to even attempt to get ahead. 
This is so important to me because I want to be able to move forward with my life, and not be in an endless  cycle of people taking advantage of people and being at the bottom. 
Thank you for taking the time to read this. The debt I can never pay back would be huge and I would look at anyone that helps as a savior to my family at this point. Simple text on a screen can never truly express how much of a blessing this would be.
UPDATE: My boss fired me stating "we need a full time employee and they are trying to run a business"  . So now I'm looking for a job on top of all this. 


https://www.gofundme.com/GetVisHome?rcid=003f71504c4d11e6afdabc764e04c5a7



 

No comments:

Post a Comment